Monday, January 12, 2015

Sea Sponge Tampons and Beauty Regimens

So, I'm still in love with my sea sponges (at my local pet store I paid almost $3 each and got 3.... but they last 6 months or so I've read... so not a bad deal). I still prefer to free bleed as much as possible, but it's super nice to have a back up for heavy days that I know doesn't have all sorts of chemicals and such...

anyway, I read an article about why women hate showering. I was pretty excited because I absolutely hate showering with the exception of back aches or cramps, in which case the hot water and massaging shower head are nice. However none of these reasons are why I hate showering except the last... lets go over them shall we?

1. Washing your hair.
 now... this one IS one of the things I hate, not for the same reasons. I hate washing my hair because it takes forever and it's super thick and it's just going to be greasy the next day so it feels like a waste. sometimes I don't bother... sometimes I'll just throw it back on toss some baby powder in my roots and brush. good enough lol
and as for thick hair being lucky about grease? are you kidding me!? my hair looks greasy the next day too... maybe I went right over the optimal thickness into the too thick category?

2. Shaving
yeah... my issues with this one is , if you hate shaving so much why do it? right now it's winter, my legs haven't seen a razor in two months and I have a steady boyfriend. if a guy can't deal with your hairy legs at least in the winter he doesn't deserve you. I also recently decided I'm no longer shaving my pits, and it's been the most freeing decision ever. I tried dying them the other week but my dye didn't stick so it ended up cotton candy pink that faded to fleshy pink.... I'll be trying again with a better brand lol

3. Pricey hair products
no.... just no. I rarely put anything in my hair. when I do it's either coconut oil or my leave in conditioner spray I made but putting a few squirts of conditioner in a spray bottle and filling the rest with water. you won't need alll that stuff if you stop frying your hair daily!

4. After shower process
I'm sorry, but I can shower and put my makeup on in 10mins... 13 if it's summer and I have to shave my legs. 5mins if I'm not wearing makeup that day.

5. cold.
yes. but that's for anyone not just ladies ;)

1 comment: