Friday, January 9, 2015

Sea Sponge Tampons

My insurance company is refusing to cover the only type of birth control I can take, telling me I can take another one that I can't take.... so I've been experiencing my full force shark week again... which is awful. Even on the patch I have a heavy flow that last 5-6 days, I still get the occasional ovarian cyst and migraine... off everything I have endometriosis, ovarian cysts (which I'm beginning to think of PCOS), and 7+ days of heavy flow, migraines daily, horrible mood swings, and steady cramps starting a day or two before and only ending when the bleeding stops.

Since my flow is muuuuch heavier than my on the patch still heavy flow, I need something beyond my usual choice of free bleeding.

I had such hope for the cup, but it hurts me.... you see I have a tilted uterus, and no one bothers to tell you they don't work too well if you have a tilted uterus. I guess it should be assumed because how could a cup comfortably fit over your cervix if it's sitting sideways? well I'm not a doctor so I didn't think of that.

Recently I had heard about sea sponge tampons and decided to check them out... if you know anything about me it should be how frugal I am. those things are expensive! so instead I marched myself into my local pet store and grabbed a few natural sea sponges for hermit crab water. I soaked them in vinegar for a while and rinsed them thoroughly and bravely inserted not knowing if it would even work...

well it did. I am in love. I can't feel it, I've had no leaks despite the fact that I think I'm actually hemorrhaging... my only issue is if you don't ring it out really well first, when you sneeze or cough a few drops of the water you left in drip out and make you feel like you peed yourself... so next time I inserted I squeezed more water out and haven't had that problem since :)  

I've only used it for one day, so I'll update again in a few days, but so far I think I've found my solution for when I can't free bleed!

No comments:

Post a Comment